Friday, October 9, 2015

Refreshing water came this morning-- I took a cool drink of Mercy before leaving the house, and before noon I experienced a pleasant surprise.  As I prepared to teach a 60 minute exercise class, a beautiful soul came in to join the group. She was accompanied by her  daughter, who  shared that  her mother, who  was 102, wanted to try and see what she could do. My mind said mid 80's, but would never have guessed 102.  I thought - life has been good to her and to you. The daughter stood off to the side occasionally encouraging her mother.  At the end of our time together, I took her hands and asked if  I could kiss her cheek.  I had to kiss both for I was certain there was wisdom & strength underneath that tender skin. She shared that she enjoyed the class, and that she could do more once she got her new glasses and could see and follow along better.  As I held her hands I wanted to ask--can I follow you for a little while so I can see better. I wanted some of what she had, I thought now there is open history book.  I look forward to her coming back to class---my spirit wants to read some of the pages of perseverance and chapters of resilience. We talked only a short while, but in that brief meeting I knew that  her 102 years had probably been refreshed by a lot of glasses of Mercy in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment