Friday, October 30, 2015

I'm thinking,  it is probably best not to  write when emotions are running, but I am usually writing when I am feeling something.  So perhaps it is okay to write when I am needing Peace, spirits to be lifted, & my heart to be hugged. I can't seem to find the words, can't put them into place. So I had to go to the Word bright & early because the feelings were growling like an empty tummy.  I can't quite articulate it- maybe it's a little like when you're head of heels in love, or greatly expecting something special.  I guess it is a combination of such emotions, but  only totally opposite.  So I have to rely on the Word;" PEACE I LEAVE YOU, PEACE I GIVE YOU."  John 14:27,  "MAY THE LORD OF PEACE HIMSELF GIVE YOU PEACE AT ALL TIMES AND IN EVERY WAY." 2 Thess 3:16, "TRUST GOD FROM THE BOTTOM OF YOUR HEART ...LISTEN FOR GOD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERYWHERE YOU GO; HE'S THE ONE WHO WILL KEEP YOU ON TRACK." Proverbs 3:5-6,  "GIVE ALL YOUR WORRIES AND CARES TO GOD." 1Peter 5:7,  I HAVE TOLD YOU THESE THINGS, SO THAT YOU MAY HAVE PEACE." John 16:33
I have to hold so tight to this, like I haven't had a meal in weeks and someone left a plate of food sitting there for the taking. This morning I came across my teenage son's youth group paper. It was Word up- Word loaded.  I took that plate, and I begin to eat what was left sitting there for me.  I took his left overs, but  I know there are absolutely no leftovers in the Word of God. God's Word  remains fresh, life giving, thirst quenching, satisfying, nurturing, specific, individually prepared  with all the nutritional needs for the deprived heart- for the hungry appetite. Thank God there is food we when feel like we're starving. Feel me up LORD. God feel me up with more of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment